Written by Ted Rubin
Many are asking what ROI they can get from Twitter. I believe when reviewing the following goals and objectives you will get a better understanding of the potential value. The basis of this list was posted by my friend and business associate Cheryl Burgess. I have expanded and edited with my input.
1. First and foremost is to grow an engaged and relevant following
2. Almost as important as #1 is… if you haven’t started already, start NOW!
3. Generating brand awareness and business leads
4. Servicing customers and lowering customer service inquires via traditional channels
5. Expanding reach and creating buzz
6. Sharing thought-leadership & participating in industry conversation
7. Gaining competitive intelligence
8. Monitoring your brand’s reputation in real time
9. Building relationships with community
10. Distributing rich SEO content
11. Offering special discounts, white papers, blog posts
12. Crowdsourcing ideas, products, etc.
13. Finding, cultivating influencers and brand advocates
14. Obtaining customer feedback on potential new offerings
15. Developing relationships with bloggers and other micro media producers
16. Establishing relationships and getting on the radar of journalists
17. Recruiting for freelancers, permanent hires and interns
18. Establishing brand leadership position by communicating, reinforcing vision, purpose, differentiation, relevance, etc.
19. The Ability to proactively build a personal brand for Founders/Executives to represent your Brand/Business.
20. Return on Relationship™… simply put the value that is accrued by a person or brand due to nurturing a relationship. ROI is simple $’s and cents. ROR is the value (both perceived and real) that will accrue over time through loyalty, recommendations and sharing.